Start time 6.45pm.
Our meeting this week Thursday 3rd February 2022 is our Annual General Meeting (AGM).
THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM) is scheduled to take place on Thursday 3rd February 2022 in our premises in Munlochy at 6.45pm.
The AGM is each Club member’s opportunity to elect a Chairperson and Committee to run and manage the Highland Woodturners Club for the next year.
The AGM also allows Club members to raise any issue and obtain the membership’s views.
All members are invited to attend.
Committee members who wish to stay on the committee and wish to get re-nominated are; Alec Mutch, Cliff Sim, Geoff Potter, John Ruickbie, Peter Lawrence, Errol Levings, Jim Kelman, Nick Simpson, Dave Line and Alan Geddes. Nominations will be sought for firstly a Chairperson then the rest of the committee, we will be looking to get nominations for 2 new Committee members out with those listed above due to 2 existing Committee members coming off the Committee.
Nominations of any other member to be on the Committee and any proposed motions to be considered at the AGM can be notified to the Secretary – Geoff Potter.
E-MAIL, firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01349830573.
- To receive and adopt the Minutes from the previous AGM of 2020
- To receive and adopt the Chairpersons Report.
- To receive and adopt the Treasurer’s report and verified annual accounts covering the affairs of the Club during the previous year.
- To vote for or against the adoption of the proposed Amended Constitution.
- To dissolve the current Committee.
- The election and appointment of the new Chairperson.
- The election of the rest of the Committee.
- To receive and decide on any other competent motions on the running of the Club.
As the Covid -19 pandemic had us all shut down in the early part of 2021 no AGM for that year took place, your Committee did meet through zoom meetings and decided to write off the whole year, we were in fact closed for almost a year and a half. We look forward to seeing you all there, the raffle will be available as will the refreshments and please stick to the Covid restrictions we still have in place, I.E. masks, sanitize and sign in.